- Graduating seniors from a high school in Sussex County, Delaware accepted to major in a collegiate music program may apply.
- The $1,000 scholarship is non-renewable and will be paid directly to the winner upon award.
- Before applying students should write/gather the following supporting materials 1) Essay detailing the applicant’s reason for selecting this major and goals for their career, 2) acceptance letter from college or university, 3) video or audio recording of a recent solo performance by the student
- When the above materials have been procured students should apply online at: Application Form
- Applications must be followed by the endorsement of the student’s high school music teacher. A simple online form for the teacher is available at: Teacher Endorsement Form
- The deadline for applications complete with supporting materials and teacher endorsement is April 22, 2022. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by May 2.
- Questions? Please contact T.J. Thomas by Email or call 302-645-8479.
SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2022 AT 4 PM
Click on the picture to preview Jaqueline and the Cape HS Jazz band.
Jacqueline Johnson is a Cape Henlopen High School graduate studying Jazz Education at Temple University. She started singing with the jazz ensemble at Cape during her sophomore year and became the ensemble's singer until she graduated. She is excited to continue learning and experiencing the music world with her time at Temple where she gets to learn from many great current Philadelphia artists.
Jacqueline will be joined by the following students from Cape HS Jazz Band:
Elliott Bastian, Guitar
Liam Wiedmann, Drums
Sara Dawson, Bass
Conor Wiedmann, Trombone
Josh Turek, Trumpet
Ben Koly, Clarinet
Programming note: We regret that Dr. Valerie Capers is unable to perform as previously scheduled for this concert. Please join us at the same date & time to hear wonderfully talented young jazz artists in our area.
This program is part of the 2021-22 season of St. Cecilia Music Guild at St. Peter's Church. All programs are free and open to the public. Learn more about and support the Guild:
Read the 2021-22 Season Brochure
In the coming months, the Guild
will continue our outreach ministry by presenting exceptional musical events
that are unique to this area. Last year’s season was cut short by the pandemic
and sadly several events had to be canceled, including Holy Week liturgical
services and our Anglican Musicians in Residence weekend. Fortunately, we were
able to reschedule and live stream our silent film with organist Jackson
Borges, which drew rave reviews! After so many months apart, we look forward to
being together again for the 2021–22 season.
For the past six years the Guild has provided a broad spectrum of music programming, including classical, gospel, jazz, and contemporary. This season our programing will highlight the wonders of the organ, the stylistic interpretations of a Baroque ensemble, a children’s chorus, and a world-renowned jazz pianist/ composer and her trio. We will also present our own traditional Anglican choral programs and services, including the annual Musicians in Residence weekend.
St. Cecilia Music Guild is dedicated to offering programs that are inclusive, supportive, and educational. We believe that our music should be accessible to all members of our community, so there is no charge to attend. Contributions from you—our donors, friends, and visitors—make the gift of music possible for our community and we are deeply grateful for your generosity. In this spirit, we hope you will consider making a financial gift to the Guild. A contribution envelope is enclosed in this brochure for your convenience. You may also donate online at www. stpeterslewes.org.
The Guild thanks you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you at this season’s events!
Vestry Member for Worship and Music
Standing Committee of St. Cecilia Music Guild
Kelley Mallon, Parish Administrator
Fr. Jeffrey Ross, Rector
Sue Potts, Senior Warden
T.J. Thomas, Minister of Music
Live Broadcasts Available St. Peter’s Church was recently renovated to include a highdefinition broadcast system. Many of the events in this brochure will be broadcast live and remain available for later viewing. Please visit St. Peter’s YouTube channel and Facebook profile for availability.
Sign up here to join the St. Cecilia Guild mailing list.
Watch past St. Cecilia Music Guild events