Watch past St. Cecilia Music Guild events
In the coming months, the Guild
will continue our outreach ministry by presenting exceptional musical events
that are unique to this area. Last year’s season was cut short by the pandemic
and sadly several events had to be canceled, including Holy Week liturgical
services and our Anglican Musicians in Residence weekend. Fortunately, we were
able to reschedule and live stream our silent film with organist Jackson
Borges, which drew rave reviews! After so many months apart, we look forward to
being together again for the 2021–22 season.
For the past six years the Guild has provided a broad spectrum of music programming, including classical, gospel, jazz, and contemporary. This season our programing will highlight the wonders of the organ, the stylistic interpretations of a Baroque ensemble, a children’s chorus, and a world-renowned jazz pianist/ composer and her trio. We will also present our own traditional Anglican choral programs and services, including the annual Musicians in Residence weekend.
St. Cecilia Music Guild is dedicated to offering programs that are inclusive, supportive, and educational. We believe that our music should be accessible to all members of our community, so there is no charge to attend. Contributions from you—our donors, friends, and visitors—make the gift of music possible for our community and we are deeply grateful for your generosity. In this spirit, we hope you will consider making a financial gift to the Guild. A contribution envelope is enclosed in this brochure for your convenience. You may also donate online at www. stpeterslewes.org.
The Guild thanks you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you at this season’s events!
Vestry Member for Worship and Music
Standing Committee of St. Cecilia Music Guild
Kelley Mallon, Parish Administrator
Fr. Jeffrey Ross, Rector
Sue Potts, Senior Warden
T.J. Thomas, Minister of Music
Live Broadcasts Available St. Peter’s Church was recently renovated to include a highdefinition broadcast system. Many of the events in this brochure will be broadcast live and remain available for later viewing. Please visit St. Peter’s YouTube channel and Facebook profile for availability.
Sign up here to join the St. Cecilia Guild mailing list.
Thank you! We are grateful for your support.
If you would like to make a secure online donation to St. Cecilia Music Guild , please click here and select fund: St Cecilia Guild from the drop down menu.
- Graduating seniors from a high school in Sussex County, Delaware accepted to major in a collegiate music program may apply.
- The $1,000 scholarship is non-renewable and will be paid directly to the winner upon award.
- Before applying students should write/gather the following supporting materials 1) Essay detailing the applicant’s reason for selecting this major and goals for their career, 2) acceptance letter from college or university, 3) video or audio recording of a recent solo performance by the student
- When the above materials have been procured students should apply online at: Application Form
- Applications must be followed by the endorsement of the student’s high school music teacher. A simple online form for the teacher is available at: Teacher Endorsement Form
- The deadline for applications complete with supporting materials and teacher endorsement is May 1, 2021. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by May 7.
- Questions? Please contact T.J. Thomas at email@example.com or 302-645-8479.